2008 Shelby Mustang GT500KR
Chassis No. 1ZVHT88S085178727
Engine No. 108KR0023
Mileage 1,822 original
- Supercharged 5.4.L 4-valve V-8, including Ford Racing Cold Air Induction Kit producing
- 540 horsepower and 510 lb ft of torque
- SVT front and rear suspension and shock mount tower bar
- 18 x 9.5 in Aluminum wheels
- Front tires: P255/45ZR18 Track/Street-Compound Tires
- Rear tires: P285/40ZR18 Track/Street-Compound Tires
- Specially tuned exhaust system with modified H-pipe
- 3.73 Limited Slip Rear Axle
- Optimized Aerodynamics for lift and drag including Revised Rear Spoiler and Unique Carbon Fiber front splitter
- Performance Enhanced chassis tuning (Springs/dampeners/bars and lowered ride height)
- Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter
- Unique Carbon Fiber hood, and mirror caps
- Unique hood pins
- Le Mans and side stripes
- I/P CSX production appliqué, special scuff plates and floor mat badges and under hood plaque
- Shelby Autographed Head Rests
- Shelby Unique Floor Mats
- Brake Duct Cooling Kit (Customer Installed Item in trunk)
Performance 0 – 60 MPH Acceleration: 4.3 seconds (Est.) 60 – 0 MPH Braking: 112 feet (Est.) 1/4-mile @ MPH: 12.5 seconds @ 114 mph (Est.)
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the 1968 Shelby Cobra G.T.500KR Ford’s Special Vehicle Team and Shelby Automobiles joined forces to produce the 2008 Ford Shelby GT 500KR. The initials KR stand for “King of the Road,” and one stab of the throttle will put to rest any doubts about that nickname. Starting with the already brutally efficient GT500, Shelby and Ford SVT engineers made a host of modifications to the powertrain, chassis, and aerodynamics. Engine upgrades alone resulted in 540 horsepower and 510 lb-ft of torque, and providing the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires have some heat in them, a sub 12.5 second quarter mile time.
An instant collectable, only 1000 were built this year with the total production run of 1571 matching the production run of its namesake, the 1968 GT500KR. This particular GT500KR has been very lightly used and meticulously maintained. It is 1 of only 107 in this stunning Colorado Red with silver stripes.
This is a one-owner showroom stock Shelby Cobra with 1822 original miles. It is the 23rd car produced and believed to be the first car in the series delivered to California. The owner ordered the car with the kind assistance of the Ford Chairman and CEO. It has lived a pampered, climate-controlled life with regular dealer service, including replacement of the driver and passenger air bags in 2017.
On the street, or on the track, this is truly the King of 5th generation production Mustangs. Here is a rare opportunity to own an immaculate Shelby GT500KR and experience a direct link to one of the most audacious and successful partnerships in the history of sports car racing.
I am interested in this car!
Please contact me:
We respect your privacy and will not share your infomation with others.