1962 Chevrolet Corvette
Chassis No. 2 0867 S 102076
Engine No. 2102076 FI0I2SC
- 1962 Facts adapted from, "The Genuine Corvette Black Book: 1953-1988", by M. Antonick
- 1962 was the first year for the 327 CI engine lineup. The base engine has 250 HP.
- 1962 styling was similar to 1961, but some significant visual changes were made. Most apparent is the change in the design of the side cove area. Previously, the cove was outlined in chrome. In the 1962, it is simply outlined by a lip which is part of the molded fiberglass fender and door shapes. Because of this, coves were now body color.
- The simulated vent treatment in the cove area was changed in 1962 to a single louver. Previous models had three spears.
- 1962 is the last Corvette with an external trunk opening.
- All 1962 engines use distributor drive tachometers.
- 1962 is the first narrow whitewall Corvette.
- 1962 is the first Corvette to feature an aluminum case for the Powerglide automatic.
- The 1962 model is the last to feature exposed headlights.
- The 1962 model is the last Corvette with a solid rear axle.
- The 250 and 300 HP engines in 1962 use painted steel valve covers with decals.
- The windshield washer reservoir on the 1962 model mounts on the left side for all engines except fuel injected.
- 1962 was the last model year for power top availability.
Chassis Number: 2 = 1962; 0876 = Corvette; S = St. Louis, Missouri; 102076 = Production Sequence
Engine Stamping: 2 = 1962; 102076 = Production Sequence; F = Flint, MI; 10I2 = October 12; SC = 250 HP, Automatic, 327 Base 250 WCFB 1x4BC & Powerglide
1962 marked the last year of the open headlight body style and the first year for the legendary 327 engine family that would define the Corvette throughout the decade. Even in base trim the V8 provides a very healthy and street-able 250 HP. Other notable features include a power convertible top, power windows, and the blessings of a trunk. This carefully maintained example comes from the collection of a good friend and client of Paul Russell and Company. It presents very nicely in Ermine white over a black leather interior. On the road, it has good power, a nice ride, and iconic style. What’s more, this would be a very easy classic to own and maintain.
I am interested in this car!
Please contact me:
We respect your privacy and will not share your infomation with others.